The integration is a one-way sync between Recurly to Xero with five points of integration. Records are synced in the following sequence:
- Recurly Items, Plans, Setup Fees, and Add-Ons with Xero Inventory Items
- Recurly Accounts with Xero Contacts
- Recurly Invoices with Xero. Please note, all Recurly accounts will be synced regardless of the Start Date that you select.
- Recurly Payments with Xero Payments and Refunds
- Recurly Credits with Xero Credit Notes
The Recurly for Xero integration will sync the following fields from the account in Recurly to the customer record in Xero:
- Account Number
- Contact Person (First / Last Name)
- Email Address
- Postal Address (from Billing Address in Recurly)
- Phone Number
All Recurly plans will sync to Xero as line-items.
Problems with the integration
- Higher tiers of subscription to Recurly support revenue recognition reporting, however no entries are posted to Xero that reflect this. You would need to use the reports to manually create a journal, or use software in combination with Recurly that handles automatic revenue recognition.
- Payments can only be posted to a single payment account. This is not helpful if multiple currencies are accepted and payouts are in different currencies.
- Sales can only be posted to a single account, and there is no tracking category integration.
Benefits of the integration vs Zapier
- You are able to backdate it by choosing a start date for transactions to push across.
- It’s free
Integrating with Zapier
Using the ‘New Transaction in Recurly’ trigger it’s possible to create an invoice and a payment to Xero. These can be set to different sales accounts, payment accounts, tracking categories, VAT codes, currencies, etc., depending on what the transaction in Recurly is.