Get the latest news and insights on digital business transformation through cloud-based apps. Discover the tools, events and webinars to help you revolutionise the way you and your clients run your businesses.
- Zapier’s favourite accounting Zaps
- Pixie’s guide to Zapier for accountants
- 5 Zapier automations you can’t live without
- Top 10 Zapier hacks with Heather Satterly and Practice Ignition
- Zapier steps in to the cloud integration gap
- We can build and maintain zaps for you and your clients.
- We also offer Zapier advice and support through our professional membership.
- You want visibility over your pipeline, across your team and offices, without having to manually update the stage of a lead after every activity.
- You want a timeline history of everything that has happened so far, with all notes available in one place.
- You want to use customised, but automated email marketing to prime your prospect to join as a client.
- You want to automate as much of the onboarding process as possible, whilst enhancing the customer experience.
- Form - Typeform / Gravity Forms / Jotform / Wufoo / Cognito forms
- Meeting scheduler - Calendly / Acuity Scheduling / 10to8 Booking
- Email marketing - Mailchimp
- Sales CRM (inc above 3 categories) - Pipedrive / HubSpot / ActiveCampaign
- Proposal and payments - Practice Ignition / GoProposal (no Zapier integration but workaround is possible)
- Zapier - Task automation
- Practice management - Senta / Karbon
- Accounting platform - Xero / QuickBooks
- Document storage - Google Drive/OneDrive
- Data capture - Receipt Bank
- New form submission
a) Adds a lead into sales CRM with relevant lead source information (i.e. social media / referral)
b) Adds a prospect into Mailchimp audience (optionally with service interest/business type etc for customised automation email campaign)
c) Send automated Mailchimp campaign to your new lead (optionally)
- Prospect books a meeting using meeting link displayed at the end of the form
a) Stage is updated to ‘Meeting Booked’ in sales CRM
b) Optionally add event to sales CRM
- Proposal is made in proposal app
a) Value and stage are updated in sales CRM
- Automated follow up
- Proposal changed after negotiation
a) Value is updated in sales CRM
- Automated follow up
- Proposal won/lost
a) Status is updated sales CRM
b) MailChimp is updated to convert prospect to client, optionally tagging services that have been accepted
c) Jobs are populated in Senta/Karbon based on services chosen in proposal app
d) Customer details and invoice is populated into Xero / QuickBooks
e) Google Drive/OneDrive folders are created
f) Receipt Bank account is created (optional based on services in proposal)
How can Zapier help me as an accountant?
One of the main questions we get asked about Zapier is “How can Zapier help me as an accountant?”.
Zapier can help to automate processes that are currently manual, as well as maintaining data consistency across the multiple applications you use so that there’s always one source of truth. You can use it to run your practice more efficiently, and to help improve financial and non-financial workflows for your clients.
We’ve put together some useful resources to help you to understand more about how Zapier can help your practice and your clients.
Content to help you get a general understanding
Content to help you understand specific Zaps
App Advisory Plus are certified Zapier Experts
Book in a free 15 minute Zapier consultation.
Do you struggle to keep on top of your pipeline, with too many manual steps to keep things up to date and progressing? You’re not alone.
Using a combination of apps linked through Zapier you can enjoy the benefits of automated lead management and onboarding with greatly reduced or eliminated manual input for all of the boring bits.
Any combination of apps from these categories will work, and there are lots more we haven’t included here.
We offer full service scoping, system design, implementation, and training, for a system using any combination of the above apps.
An example of what could happen is as shown below, activities are not rigid so if things happen in a different order for you then the system can be designed to cater for that.